- Avoid excessive activity, driving or leaving the house for at least 1 month.
- Expect significant drainage and minor bleeding from the wound until healing occurs. A gauze pad will be helpful.
- Hot baths 3 or more/day
- Irrigate rectal area in shower after BM's, then blow dry/hair dryer or fan
- High fiber diet with Konsy 1 tsp/day,or Metamucil 1 tablespoon twice/day
- Diarrhea or constipation is to be avoided
- Office appointment in 3 weeks
- If the wound opens, this is usually the soft tissues and not the main muscle repair. This will heal eventually.